Title IX Resources
- US Department of Education
- IU9 Resources and Reporting
BULLYING AND HARASSMENT
Johnsonburg Area School District strives to maintain a safe, positive learning environment for students and staff that is free from bullying, harassment, and hazing. We strictly prohibit all such activities.
Our school safety program, Safe 2 Say, teaches students, educators, and administrators how to recognize bullying and the signs of threatening behavior (both towards oneself and others) and anonymously report that information. Safe 2 Say gives our students a voice—and helps save lives.
You can report a tip online, through the Safe2Say mobile app, or by calling the Pennsylvania crisis hotline at 1(844) SAF2SAY.
Johnsonburg Area School District is an equal opportunity employer and educational institution. It will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, or handicap in its activities, programs, or employment practices as required by Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964; Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972; and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973. For information regarding civil rights or grievance procedures, please contact our superintendent at (814) 965-2536. For information regarding accessibility of services, activities, and facilities for handicapped persons, please contact our special education director at (814) 965-2556.
Please visit our School Board Policy Manual to review the following policies regarding Title IX:
- Policy 103 – Discrimination/Title IX Sexual Harassment Affecting Students
- Policy 104 – Discrimination/Title IX Sexual Harassment Affecting Staff
- Policy 247 – Hazing
- Policy 249 – Bullying/Cyberbullying
- Policy 252 – Dating Violence
- Policy 317.1 – Educator Misconduct
- Policy 824 – Maintaining Professional Adult/Student Boundaries